EPFO: You can also easily know your PF balance while sitting at home, know here the easiest four ways,If you also want to know the balance deposited in your Provident Fund (PF) account, then you do not have to worry. Today we are going to tell you some ways through which you can easily know about the amount deposited in your PF account sitting at home. This information is available to the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) for its 6 crore shareholders.
In fact, every employee and company who is employed has to deposit the amount of PF with EPFO. Most of the employees who are deducted from salary every month, withdraw after retirement or if there is a need. While changing jobs or transferring EPF money, people do not know how much money is in their account. There are many people who are not even aware of their PF account.
It is quite easy to check balance of PF account while doing job or after. PF account balance checks are four very easy ways through which you can know about the amount deposited in a PF account. One of them is a missed call. EPFO has released the number for this. This is a toll free number. PF amount can also be detected online or by SMS.
If you are registered on UAN portal, then you give a missed call on 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number. After this, a message will be received from EPFO. In this, you will get all the information about your PF account. It is also necessary that bank account, PAN and Aadhaar are linked to UAN. No charges are levied for this service.
Balance address via SMS
If your UAN is registered with EPFO, then your latest contribution and PF balance information can be obtained from a message. For this, you have to send EPFOHO UAN ENG to 7738299899. The last three letters are for the language. If you want information in Hindi, then you can send it by writing EPFOHO UAN HIN. The service is available in English, Punjabi, Marathi, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali. By sending this SMS from the registered mobile number of UAN, you will be able to find the balance.
By Umang App
Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) members can check their PF balance on mobile phones through the Umang app. The Umang app was launched by the government. With its help, all kinds of services of the Central and State Government can be obtained from one place. With the help of the app, you can claim in addition to viewing the EPF passbook. Claims can also be tracked through the app. After downloading the app on your mobile, you have to complete the registration once on your mobile number.
Passbook on website
Instead of the unified portal, users can now view the PF passbook on a separate website as well. However, Unified Portal can still be used for services like transfer. First you go to EPFO, click on Employee Centric Services, select view passbook and log in from UAN to view passbook.
Online EPF Balance Information:The most commonly asked question by employees is how to find the EPF balance deposited in EPF account. Every month your company / institution transfers some amount to your EPF account with you. The EPF passbook contains information about the total amount deposited in your EPF account and the transfer amount held in it every month. Some amounts also have to go to the Employees Pension Scheme or EPS, which are separately reported in the EPS column.
Earlier employees had to wait for their company / institute to give the EPF statement which they would get at the end of the year to know the EPF amount, but now the employees can know the EPF amount both online and offline. Here are two ways to do this:
- EPF Portal
- Umang App on Mobile
The offline methods available for employees are:
- Miss Call Service
Know how to get EPF balance information:
Check EPF Balance Online
a) Know EPF balance on EPF portal
EPFO members can know the balance by visiting the official website of EPFO. To know the EPF balance, follow the method given below. To know EPF balance online, follow the method given below-
- Visit EPFO official website. epfindia.gov.in
- Go to ‘Our Services’ and click on ‘Four Employees’. You will reach directly at http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php?id=sm2_index
- Go to the ‘Services’ menu and click on ‘Member Passbook’. You will come directly to the login page. You can also reach that page by clicking on https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp .
- Login using UAN and password.
- After logging in, you will get the ID of all EPF account linked to your UNN account. Means EPF account of your current and previous companies / institutions.
- Click on the ID of your EPF account whose balance you want to know. The EPF passbook will come on display.
Points to Remember
These are some points that members should keep in mind about going to the website to know the EPF balance –
- Only those members who have activated their UAN are able to know the balance by visiting the website and register on the UAN member portal
- You will get the facility to view the online passbook only after 6 hours of registering on the UAN member portal.
- The passbook will show the new entries that have been recently accepted by the EPFO field offices.
- Missed establishment members, satellites and inactive EPF account members will not be able to see their passbook on the EPFO website. If you have stopped contributing to your EPF account for more than 3 years, your account will be deactivated
Know EPF Balance Check with Umang App
EPFO provides many services through the official app ‘Umang’. This app can be downloaded from Google Play Store / App Store. Members can know their balance on this app and download the passbook. For this, see the method given below-
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.umang.negd.g2c&hl=en_IN Click on this link and download the app from Play Store / App Store.
- Open the Umang app on your smartphone and click on EPFO.
- Click on Employees Central Services.
- Click on ‘View Passbook’ to know the EPF balance.
- Enter the UAN and you will get the otipi on the registered mobile number. Enter the ottype and log in.
- Click on the member ID whose EPF balance you want to know.
- Your EPF account passbook will appear on the display.
EPF Balance Check Offline methods
a) Know EPF balance by sending SMS
EPFOHO UAN ENG
EPFO members can know the EPF balance by sending an SMS to 7738299899. SMS format should be-
If your UAN is 123456789000 and you use the English language then you have to write, ‘EPFOHO 123456789000ENG.’ The language code will be the first three letters of the name of that language. For example, ENG for English and MAR for Marathi.
EPFO provides SMS facility in the following languages-
Note: You can avail this facility only if your UAN is active and linked with Aadhaar card, PAN card and bank account. If you have not linked your UAN to these documents, then update online with KYC UAN .
Know EPF balance Check by giving a missed call
The easiest way to know the EPF balance is to make a missed call on this number ‘011-22901406’. However, any member must meet the following requirements to use this facility:
- Member’s UAN must be activated.
- The member’s mobile number should be registered in the UAN as the missed call facility will be available only when the number is registered.
- UAN should be linked with your required documents like PAN card, Aadhaar and bank account.
How to withdraw EPF balance?
Like EPF balance transfer, online / offline application can be made for withdrawal of EPF balance . To withdraw PF online, your UAN must be active and registered in the UAN member portal. On the portal, you can apply to withdraw the entire or some EPF balance. If your PAN card is linked with UAN and withdrawing the amount before completion of five years of your job, TDS will be deducted by 10%. TDS will be cut by 34.6% if PAN card is not linked.
How to transfer EPF balance to new account?
When a person changes job, he has the option to withdraw his EPF balance or transfer it to the EPF account created by the new company / institution. It is advised to transfer the balance instead of withdrawing it, because if you withdraw the balance before five years after getting registered with EPFO, then it is tax deducted. Your EPF amount can be transferred to the new EPF account through the UAN Member Portal.
FAQ Of EPF Balance Related Questions:
Q. Can I know the EPF balance using Aadhaar Card number?
Answer: No, you cannot know the EPF balance using the Aadhaar number. You must provide your UAN for this.
Q. How to know EPF balance by PF number?
Answer: PF number is not required to know EPF balance. You have to use UAN and password to know EPF balance.
Q. Is there any way to know the EPF balance using PAN?
Answer: No, there is no such way. You should link your UAN to EPF for EPF related facilities.
Q. I have not linked my mobile number with EPF. Can I know my EPF balance via SMS?
Answer: You can know the EPF balance by SMS only if it is sent from that mobile number which is registered with UAN. You have to link your mobile number with UAN.
Q. I want to know the balance of my last EPF account, what is its process?
Answer: All your EPF accounts are linked with your UAN, as soon as you log in to the EPF portal, they will come to the fore. After this, click on the ID of any EPF account balance you want to know.