How to get SBI cheque book at home? : SBI’s new cheque book can call home; Bank will not have to go, order this way from SBI Net Banking.
Customers can order the cheque book at their desired address. With this facility people can also get the delivery of SBI cheque book, which are not currently residing at the registered address in the bank.
SBI Net Banking: State Bank of India (SBI) has given its customers the facility to order cheque book through Internet banking. Customers can order the cheque book at their desired address. With this facility people can also get delivery of SBI cheque book, which are not currently residing at the registered address in the bank. It is necessary to have your SBI Net Banking enabled to get a cheque book sitting at home. Let’s tell how you can order SBI cheque book online from Internet banking…
- Log in to SBI’s net banking account with your user name and password.
- After login, click on the option of ‘Request & Inquiries’.
- From the drop down menu, click on ‘Check Book Request’ option.
- All the information related to your account will be shown on the new page.
- Select the account for which you want a new cheque book.
- On the new page, you have to choose the number of check leaf, that is, how much cheque book you want.
- After selecting an option, click on ‘Submit’.
- Now choose the address of choice for delivery of cheque book on the new page. In this you get three options – Registered Address, Last Available Dispatch Address and New Address. Click on one of the options as per your convenience.
- After selecting the address, click on submit.
- Click on check book request and enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on ‘Confirm’.
- After this, your cheque book request will be submitted and the message will start showing.
Remember, after opening the SBI Savings Account, the cheque book, which is available for free, has to pay some charge for the new cheque book. This varies depending on the quarterly average balance present in the account and remains per check. The detail of this fee is shown on the screen while choosing the check leaf.
How to Apply SBI Cheque Book Through SMS
If your Mobile number registered with your Account then you just need to send an SMS from your registered mobile number to order chequebook.
Step 1: First of all register your account for Quick Banking SMS based facility. Send below SMS from your registered number.
- Type “REG<space>account number” and send to 09223488888 (e.g: REG 30181234546)
You will receive successful registration SMS.
Now you can request new Cheque book by sending SMS.
Step 2: To request new Cheque Book just send SMS in below format:-
- Type “CHQREQ” and send to 09223588888
- You will receive an SMS to confirm your request. (Please check SMS)
- Now you need to send confirmation SMS to 09223588888 (e.g: CHQACC Y 635663)
That’s it your Cheque Book request submitted successfully. It will be delivered at your registered address within 10 days via courier.