Forgot UAN Password:If you have forgotten the UAN password, there is nothing to worry about, now you can reset your password more easily. Now even if you do not have your registered mobile number, you can change your password. There are five steps to change the UAN Password broadly.
- Tap on the ‘Forgot Password’ link in the UAN portal
- Fill your UAN and captcha
- Verify Mobile Number and Call OTP (One Time Password)
- Fill out the otp
- Confirm it by entering a new password
If you do not have a registered mobile number in the UAN portal, then this method of resetting the password becomes a bit difficult. Because then it is not possible for you to call OTP. There is another way for such a situation. Today in this article I will tell you about both ways to reset the password. Rather, I will tell you the other way first.
How to change UAN password without registered mobile number
Earlier, it was very difficult to reset the password of the UAN portal when the mobile number changed. Many people used to struggle with this problem. Because in such a situation UAN helpline (1800 11 8005) was the only route but this helpline is often busy. EPFO has devised a new way to ease this difficulty.
In this new way of resetting password, you have to prove identity by giving your personal information. After identification is confirmed, you are given a chance to reset the password. But this method will work only if you have already given PAN or Aadhaar number with EPFO.
I hope that most of you must have filled at least PAN in EPF form. But if you have not yet given it, then update it immediately through your employer.
Enter UAN number to reset password
- Setting up a new UAN password starts with giving your UAN number. When you tap on the forgot password link in the UAN member portal, it takes you to a new page. In this page you have to fill the UAN number and the captcha shown on the screen.
- When both things are correct, you will see your mobile number on the same screen. However, this number will not be seen with some digits. In this page you are asked if you want to get OTP on this mobile number.
- Since your mobile number has changed and your old number is no longer there, you cannot get OTP on the given number. That is, you have to tap on the ‘NO’ button.
- Now you have to prove your identity. So you have to answer some questions related to you. If all the answers match the EPF database, then you will be able to reset your password.
- In this process, first you have to fill your name, date of birth and gender. These three things must match the database of the EPF. If there is something wrong in it, then fill it in here as well.
- After telling yourself you have to verify yourself through Aadhaar or PAN. You can choose any one of the Aadhaar PAN. After selecting it, you have to enter its number.
- Your entered number will be merged with the EPF database. If it matches the number already deposited, then you will get the option to enter your new mobile number.
- After registering the mobile number, it will also be verified through OTP.
- Once the mobile number is verified, you will be able to enter your new password instantly. Confirm and submit this password.
Soon after, your password will be changed and you will be able to login to the UAN portal using this password. But keep in mind that this system will accept the new password only when the new password meets all the conditions. We have also explained these conditions below.
How about the New UAN password
- Password must contain at least 7 characters
- At least one letter must be in capital letter
- It is also necessary to have a special character ( ! @ # $% ^ & * () _ +)
- Must be at least four characters (alphabets)
- Must contain at least two digits
- Password must not have more than 20 characters
UAN Password Reset on having a registered mobile number
If you have a registered mobile number in the UAN then the password of the UAN portal will be reset instantly. In such a situation, only these five steps have to go through.
- Access the UAN portal and go to the login section. It will be found on going down a bit. For the PC user, it will appear on the right side of the screen. Tap on the ‘Forgot Password’ link in this section.
- Fill in your UAN number and captcha
- Call OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Verify mobile number by filling OTP
- OTPs are verified, there will be fields to enter a new password in front of you. The new password has to be inserted twice.
After successfully changing the new password, you can use it for login.
How to change usn password after login
You can also change your password for security. For this, you have to login with the old password in the UAN portal. Enter your UAN, Password and captcha to login.
After login, you will see UAN dashboard. In it, tap on ‘Account’ in the menu bar. You will see a link to ‘CHANGE PASSWORD’. Tap this link
In the next screen you will get a chance to change the password. In this screen, first you have to enter the old password, after that you will have to enter the new password twice.
Keep in mind that the new password has to fulfill all the conditions. I have explained these terms above.
Importance of UAN member portal
We have explained in this post how to reset and change the password of the UAN portal. But do you know why this portal is so important? Because through this portal you can do many kinds of work online related to EPF scheme . If you do not use it, then you will keep revolving around your employer. The following tasks can be done through the UAN portal.
- View and print your UAN card
- Change your profile information. Change Email and Mobile Number
- Check your service history
- Link Aadhaar Number to UAN
- Change your bank account
- Submit KYC documents online
- Fix your name, date of birth and gender disturbances online
- Change online nominee
- Apply for pf transfer
- Apply for EPF withdrawal
Apart from this, the password of the UAN portal is also used to download PF passbook . The portal to download the password is different but in that the login and password of the UAN portal works. Now you must be aware that the login ID of the UAN portal is your UAN number.
Also Read : In short Form Forgot UAN Password