NPS Registration Online: Steps to Join NPS Online : If you want to register nps online so this article is very important for you. In this article, we will discuss how to register nps online (how to join nps online). I will explain each steps in details.
So, read this article completely and then you will understand how nps registration is done online? a single step will be missed. so now we start how nps registration is done online.
How to register NPS Online (How to Join NPS Online?)
Steps to Join NPS Online
Registration using PAN (KYC verification by Bank/Non Bank POP)
- You must have a ‘Permanent Account Number’ (PAN)
- Bank / Demat /Folio account details with the empanelled Bank/Non-Bank for KYC
verification for subscriber registration through eNPS
- Your KYC verification will be done by the Bank/Non-Bank POP selected by you
during the registration process. Name and address provided during registration
should match with POP records for KYC verification. If the details don’t match, the
request is liable for rejection. In case of rejection of KYC by the selected POP, the
applicant is requested to contact the POP
- You need to fill up all the mandatory details online
- You need to upload scanned copy of PAN card and Cancelled Cheque in
.jpeg/.jpg/*.png format having file size between 4KB – 2MB
- You need to upload your scanned photograph and signature in .jpeg/.jpg/*.png
format having file size between 4KB – 5MB
- You will be routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards your NPS
account from Internet Banking
- Contributions are credited in PRANs on T+2 basis (subject to receipt of clear funds
from Payment Gateway Service Provider)
In addition, NRI subscribers should,
- Select the Bank Account Status i.e., Non-Repatriable account or Repatriable account
- Provide the NRE/NRO bank account details and upload scanned copy of passport
- Select the preferred address for communication i.e., Overseas Address or Permanent
Address (communication at overseas address would entail extra charges)
After Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is allotted, subscriber can use the
Option 1 – eSign
- Select ‘eSign’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
- OTP for the purpose of authentication will be sent to your mobile number registered
- After Authentication of Aadhaar, Registration form will be successfully eSigned
- Once a document is eSigned, you need not send the physical copy of form to CRA
- eSign service charges plus taxes applicable is Rs. 25.90 (including UIDAI charge of
Option 2 – Print and Courier
- Select ‘Print & Courier’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
- You need to take a printout of the form, paste your photograph (please do not sign
across the photograph) & affix signature
- You should sign on the block provided for signature
- The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the form
- The form should be sent within 30 days from the date of allotment of PRAN to CRA at
the following address or else the PRAN will be ‘frozen’ temporarily
NPS Helpline Desk
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, SenapatiBapat Marg
Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013
For queries please contact: 022 – 4090 4242 or write to: eNPS@nsdl.co.in
>> Official Website of NPS : https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/
Documents Required To Register NPS Online
Aadhaar or PAN Card > Aadhaar should have current address and mobile number, PAN should be linked to bank account.
• Netbanking facility, debit or credit card.
• Passport size photograph (4-12 kb)
• Scanned image of signature (12 kb).
>Log on to NPS Trust website ( enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem. html )
Click on registration and choose ‘Individual’.
> Enter your Aadhaar or PAN You will be sent an OTP on the registered mobile number for verification.
> Choose type of account Start with Tier I account. If investing for other goals, you can also choose Tier II.
> Key in OTP for authentication If you chose Aadhaar, simple OTP authentication is required. If using PAN, your bank will verify your details and charge Rs 125.
> Fill in personal details If Aadhaar is used, many details will be prefi lled in the form. Submit to generate acknowledgement number
> Choose pension fund manager Choose any of eight pension funds.
> Choose investment mode In auto mode, equity allocation changes with age. In active mode, you decide the mix
> Choose investment mix If you opt for active management, specify how to spread corpus across fund classes.
> Assign your nominees Give details of the people who should get the corpus in case the investor dies.
> Upload photograph and signature If not using Aadhaar, upload picture. Else, just upload signature.
> Make contribution and get PRAN Minimum amount is Rs 500 for Tier I and Rs 1,000 for Tier II.
You can invest through Netbanking, credit card and debit card.
After payment is approved, you will be allotted a PRAN
> Download completed form Take a print of form, stick your photo, sign it and mail within 90 days to CRA office.
Read : NPS Nomination Rules