Change Mobile Number in UAN Portal: Many of our readers have wanted to know how to change registered mobile number with EPF account or UAN number. In this article, we will tell some such ways, with the help of which, you can change the mobile number on the UAN portal.
There are 3 ways to change mobile number in EPF Account-
- Changing Mobile Number by Login to UAN Portal
- Changing a new number if the mobile number is lost or closed
- Changing mobile number with the help of HR department of the company
Let us know how to change mobile no in UAN Portal
1. Login To UAN Portal | Changing Mobile Number by Login to UAN Portal
To use this method, it is necessary that you have your UAN number and its password address. Apart from this, you should have Mobile Number registered with UAN. Its steps are as follows-
- Open the UAN portal. Its link is- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
- Login with your UAN number and password. If you have forgotten the password, reset the password first and then login.
- Click on the “manage tool” in the menu above. You will see some options, click on the contact details from them.
- The initial and last two digits of your Registered Mobile Number will appear, eg- 95XXXXXX50
- An option for change mobile number appears just below the registered mobile number. Tick the empty box before it. And click the Get Authorization PIN button below .
- An OTP number will appear on your mobile number, fill it in the specified field.
- There will be two fields on the screen, in which the new mobile number has to be filled up, in the second field below, the same new mobile number has to be filled again. Then click the Get Authorization PIN button below .
- This time OTP will come on your new mobile number. Put it in the box specified.
- The process of changing your mobile number is complete. The message will be written on the screen saying – Contact details updated successfully .
2. Change the Lost Number | Entering new number in case of loss or closure of mobile number
You can enter a new mobile number on the UAN portal even in the event of lost or closed pre-registered mobile number. For this, you must remember the UAN number, your name, date of birth must be exactly matched. Its steps are as follows-
- If you remember the password, please login. If you do not remember, proceed with the forgotten password method.
- In the further process, when you see your already entered Mobile Number and ask to send OTP to it, then click on No instead of Yes.
- In the next step, you will have to specify your name (with exact spelling), date of birth and gender. After this, click on the button of Verify.
- If the details entered by you will match the details recorded in EPFO, then you will have to verify your Aadhaar or PAN number.
- After this, put a new mobile number in the designated box and click on the button ‘Get OTP’.
- OTP number will come on your new mobile number, put it in the specified field. In this way your new Mobile Number will be entered.
What to do if the details do not match?
If the details filled by you do not match, the message of ‘verification failed message’ will come on the screen. In this case, you should get the correct UAN details from your company or from EPFO. After that complete the process of changing the mobile number.
3. Offline Method to Change Mobile Number | Process to change mobile number offline
If you are having trouble changing the mobile number on the UAN portal then you can use this method.
- Wherever you work, go to the HR department. Ask them the form to change mobile number in EPF. Put your new mobile number in it and submit the form.
- Your institution will send this form to the Regional EPF Office for approval. Further processing (verification and approval, etc.) may take approximately two weeks (15 working days).
- As soon as the new mobile number will be changed in your EPF Account, your information will be sent to your new mobile number (via SMS) from the EPFO.
Also Read : Forgot UAN Password
Also Read : How to reset and change UAN password