EPF Passbook: How to login in EPF portal, Download EPF Passbook & Activate: The EPF passbook is a document that records all contributions madeby the employee as well as the employer / company to the EPF and EPS account. The passbook contains information about the contribution made each month. Interest is also written in the passbook, which has been deposited in the beneficiary’s account. It is worth mentioning that if you have more than one EPF account, you will have a separate passbook for each account which can be viewed after logging in to the account using a special member ID.
How to download EPF Passbook?
All EPFO members can download and print their passbook online. This service can be availed through the EPF website. Let us take a look at how an employee can download e-passbook from EPF portal:
- Visit the member passbook page on the EPFO website https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
- Enter your UAN and password on the EPF member portal. Now click on the ” Log In “ button
- The member IDs of all EPFo accounts associated with your UAN will appear on the display. Go to ‘ Select Member ID to View Passbook ‘ and click on EPF Member ID
- Your passbook will open in PDF format in the next tab. This passbook can be directly downloaded and printed.
EPF Passbook information
The following information is included in the employee’s EPF passbook:
- Establishment ID and company name (employer / company)
- Member ID and Member Name (Employee)
- Name and type of EPFO office
- Employee and employer / company share in contribution
- Monthly deposit and withdrawal of employee and employer / company
- Monthly Contribution to Employee Pension Account
- The print date and time of the passbook are also mentioned at the end
How to update your EPF Passbook?
Even though the date is not mentioned in the passbook, it contains the month and year in which the contribution is made. If you do not have your EPF passbook updated, then it is advisable that you wait a few days and log in again on the portal to get the updated passbook.
Every month the employer / company contributes 8.33% of the employee’s basic salary and dearness allowance to the employee’s EPS account. If the salary component of the employee is Rs. 15,000. 1250 in the EPS account of the employer / company employee. Contributes to. Contribution to pension can be seen in the last column of the EPF passbook.
questions. Who can download EPF passbook online ? Answer: EPFO provides the facility of viewing the e-passbook only to those members who are registered on the EPF member portal.
questions. When is the EPF passbook generated online ? Answer: A passbook is created within 6 hours of registering a member on the EPF portal .
questions. When will the online update appear in the passbook ? Answer: Any updated or changes made on the portal will appear in the passbook after 6 hours.
questions. Is the EPF passbook facility available to all ? If not , who cannot avail these facilities ? Answer: No, EPF member passbook facility is not available for all entities. The following entities cannot avail this facility online:
- Members of Exempted Institutions
- Members who have been accounted for
- Inactive members
questions. What isthe format of EPF passbook and what password is required to open the document ?
Answer: The downloaded passbook is in PDF format, and no password is required to open this document. You do not need the password set for the EPF member portal to open this document.